I chose to create a digital story on Animal Adaptations for a fourth grade science lesson. This video defines adaptation and provides examples for the following categories: camouflage, defense, hibernation, location, and mimicry. You may view my video below.
This is a reflective blog about my experiences in TPTE 486.
Friday, April 19, 2013
Digital Storytelling/iMovie Project
I enjoyed creating a Digital Story using iMovie. Although I have created several projects for school using iMovie, it was good to have a refresher. In high school, I created iMovies similar to this project; however, it was a new experience creating a movie that could be used in a classroom. One of the main struggles I had was writing captions that effectively described the image while being concise. I also had to take into consideration the time for each frame to allow adequate time for the students to look at the picture and read the text. While I do not think I would have my young elementary students create iMovies, I would definitely consider creating short videos to help introduce or explain a topic in my classroom. I think the movie is a great way to engage students. However, a challenge to consider is selecting an appropriate topic that has many options of photos on websites such as www.pics4learning.com to consider copyright.
I chose to create a digital story on Animal Adaptations for a fourth grade science lesson. This video defines adaptation and provides examples for the following categories: camouflage, defense, hibernation, location, and mimicry. You may view my video below.
I chose to create a digital story on Animal Adaptations for a fourth grade science lesson. This video defines adaptation and provides examples for the following categories: camouflage, defense, hibernation, location, and mimicry. You may view my video below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment