Thursday, March 7, 2013

Digital Images

Prior to this assignment, I used Google images to find pictures for any project or presentation.  However, the following websites provide quality images on a variety of topics without copyright concerns.  For my project, I chose to create an album of pictures of Russia.
Here is the slideshow I created using Picasa web album.


Free Digital Photos was well organized, easily accessible, and had many images to choose from. Other quality websites discussed in class are Pics For Learning and Flickr Creative Commons. Picasa Web Albums is an easy to use tool that could be applied to many lessons in an elementary school classroom. For example, I would consider having students utilize this tool in order to create a slideshow pertaining to a certain topic. Adding captions to a picture is another great feature of the site because it allows an audience to understand the significance of the image. Additionally, as a teacher, I could add pictures to a Picasa Web Album, create a slideshow, and embed it on my classroom website. This would be a fun and easy way for parents to be involved with their children's learning. Also, I could compile images pertaining to a certain topic and create a slideshow to peak my students' interest prior to a lesson. I look forward to implementing this tool in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment